Are you an entrepreneur eager to grow your online business?
Don’t you wish you can just show up and deliver your products or services to your customers but instead you find yourself overwhelmed with the countless tools you need to learn?
You’re not alone.
Every day, I hear more and more entrepreneurs shut down their businesses because of overwhelm.
Because anything and everything is searchable on the Internet today, we can easily overload ourselves with too much information
Sometimes, we spend so much time learning a new tool that we get sucked in the learning vortex and forget to implement the tool completely. Or sometimes, the tech is too complicated that by the time you’re ready to use it, a new version is already available and you’ll have to learn more things again.
And that’s exactly what I aim to help you with.
I offer free online business tech tips and tutorials to online entrepreneurs who want to grow their businesses. When choosing a tool or tech for my business or my clients’, they have to be:
- Cost-effective – As much as possible, I try to find a free tool that provides the result I need but if I can’t find a free option, it has to give a good return-on-investment (ROI).
- Simple – The tool has to be easy to learn, use and maintain.
- Supports the goal – Last but not least, the tool has to support my goal for the business at the time. For example, if my goal is to grow my income, I will ask myself, “Will [tool name here] help me grow my income?” If the answer is not a “Heck, yeah!”, then it’s a “No.”
How I started earning money online in 2010
I have always been fascinated with how the Internet works.
In 2010, when I was
After eating my lunch at midday, I would spend time in an internet cafe. I stumbled upon internet marketing forums where I learned about affiliate marketing. I got curious so I signed up for random affiliate programs. Then, I decided to put my website-coding skills to work. After a couple of months, I earned my first $50 affiliate commission online from a payday loan referral.
I finished uni in March 2011 and immediately worked as a primary school teacher for 2 years. Towards the end of my second year as a teacher, I was in a parent-teacher meeting when one of my students’ parent introduced me to teaching English as Second Language (ESL) online.
I spent my first year learning the ropes of how teaching online works by working as a tutor in an established company. After a year, I started a teacher’s profile in language exchange website where I got to set my own hourly rate. I was getting more and more students and my class schedule was full. It was so much fun and rewarding but I got exhausted overtime because I had to meet new people and talk all the time.
While I was still running my English tutoring online business, I signed up for a freelancer’s profile in Elance (now Upwork). I started doing various virtual assistance gigs and slowly learned what I enjoy doing and what I didn’t enjoy so much; who I love working with and who I didn’t love working with so much.
Fast forward to today, I have a profitable virtual assistance business with two part-time employees. We love working with online business owners. In case you’re wondering, we’re capped so we can’t take in new clients anymore. 🙁
But I’m keen to leverage my time and help more online business owners. Hence, I started this website.
Here are some random facts about me: (One for each year I’ve lived)
- I’m from the Philippines – born and raised.
- I think I have the coolest birthday – 09/09/90. (Yep, I’m a Virgo!)
- I have one sibling – an older brother. His name is David.
- My favourite ice cream flavour is vanilla.
- I play video games every Saturday.
- My favourite video game genre is JRPG.
- My mother is a single parent; my father passed away in his sleep when I was 5 years old (1995).
- I enjoy all kinds of music but my favourite is 90’s alternative rock.
- My favourite band of all time is Weezer.
- My mother has 9 siblings and I can’t memorise the names of all of nephews and nieces on her side of the family. (Sorry.)
- My significant other’s name is Ross. He’s British and I’m 140 days older than him.
- We have a Filipino dog with a Japanese name, Ichi (One).
- I’m an introvert.
- I have an irrational fear of climbing ladders.
- I dislike raisins but I love grapes.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- I’m left-handed.
- I’ve only been to 2 other countries: Hong Kong and Australia
- I’m 5″4. (Although Ross would argue that I’m only 5″3.)
- I enjoy watching anime and reading manga.
- Littering is my biggest pet peeve.
- I love the smell of rain.
- I’ve never experienced snow.
- I enjoy singing along to Disney songs… aloud. (Ross doesn’t.)
- Lion King is the best Disney animated movie.
- I love numbers and Math but I’m terrible at mental math.
- I earned my bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education – major in Teaching Children with Hearing Impairment but can barely understand sign language.
- There are over 170 dialects in the Philippines and I can understand only 4… ish.