Last Modified: 20 January 2019
Hi there, Jasmin Casumpang here. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us. We respect your rights and we are careful to protect your individual rights in operating our Website.
1. Information We Collect
Personal information refers to any information that is not anonymized and can be used to identify a real-life individual. We collect the following information when you use our Website:
- Visitor Information. When you visit our website, we collect standard web analytics such as visitor IP addresses, browsing behaviour, browser information, and device information.
- Contact Information. When you subscribe to our email newsletter, we collect your email address to send you our newsletter.
- Communications with Us. When you contact us such as through our contact forms, social media, or email, or publicly share about us, we collect information about the communication and any information you may provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you conduct a search, respond to surveys, post blog comments, post on our forums, or use other features of our Website.
2. How the Information is Used
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- With your consent, to send you our newsletters.
- To communicate with you when you contact us or to follow up on an issue from your use of Website. Our legal grounds for processing are your consent and where necessary, the performance of our contract with you.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Website. We study your feedback to understand how we can improve our Website. We answer the questions sent to us on our Website to help users with similar problems. Our legal ground for processing is our legitimate interests in operating our Website, maintaining our Website, improving our Website, and helping other Website users.
- To highlight the value of our Website. We may feature positive feedback or user transformations on our Website with your name, comment, and accompanying information such as your profile picture. Our legal ground for processing is our legitimate interests in growing our business and promoting our Website to other users.
3. Sharing and Disclosure
We place very high regard for your privacy and take care not to share your personal information with anyone. However, there are circumstances when your information will be shared with others:
- With Your Consent. There are certain forms on our site where we invite users to post questions or feedback. You understand that the information that you post via these forms may be republished on our Website, absent email address.
- Information Shared with Third Party Users. You understand that when you share your personal information with third parties through our Website, this information can be seen, heard, collected, and used by other people besides us. For example, when you post on our comment sections, other visitors can see your comments and information you provide. Information shared on public pages such as our Website and social media pages may be indexed by search engines and saved by internet archival bots. We do not control such engines and bots, and they may use caches containing your information, including outdated information. We take care to provide a safe environment for you when using our Website but we cannot be held responsible for what third parties may do with this data and any third-party use and misuse of this information.
4. Information Storage
To operate our Website, we may collect, store, process, and transfer information in locations around the world, including outside your home country.
Where we transfer, store, and process your personal information outside of the EEA, we have ensured that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure an adequate level of data protection, such as certification under an approved certification mechanism (like the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework) or compliance with an approved code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority.
We have in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. Some of these measures include protection against brute-force attacks, firewalls, and data encryption.
However, no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our website and databases. We cannot guarantee that any information sent to and from us will not be intercepted when transmitted over the internet. Jasmin Casumpang will not be held liable for any loss to you or any third party arising from any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information.
6. Your Choices
You may manage your information in various ways, including without limitation:
- You may change your email registered in our email newsletter by clicking on the “update” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- You may opt out of our newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- You may prevent tracking of your opens and clickthroughs of our newsletter mailings by opting not to load images in your email client.
- You may use a false name when using our Website.
- You may disable cookies in your browser before using our Website.
Please note that doing some of the above actions will limit your experience of our Website. For example,
- Opting out of our newsletter will prevent you from receiving our website updates, exclusive messages not posted on our website, and exclusive offers.
- Disabling image loading in your email client may cause your email subscription to be flagged out as inactive and scheduled for deletion without warning. It also prevents us from sending you more targeted mailings. It may cause you to receive duplicate mailings as certain newsletters may be re-sent to subscribers who have not interacted with them yet.
- Disabling cookies may cause our Website not to function optimally, such as having to repeatedly log in to access our course content or repeatedly seeing content only meant appear once, such as certain popups or alerts.
7. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. EU Residents: GDPR
If you reside in the EU, you may request for a record of the personal information we hold about you. There may be a charge for each record request (not more than £10). We may request proof of identification to confirm your identity and additional information to process the request. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we hold about you not more than one month after receiving a valid request. We can refuse to comply with an access request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you no longer want us to use your personal information, you can request that we erase your personal information with us. We will act upon the request within one month of receipt of a valid request. In certain cases, it may take us longer than a month if the request is complex and there may be a fee involved, in which case we will notify you. We can refuse to comply with an erasure request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Please note that in some cases, we may retain data for limited periods for legitimate business or legal reasons. For example:
- We may keep some of your information for accounting compliance.
- We may keep some of your information for fraud prevention. For example, if we have terminated a user’s access to our Website for fraud, we may retain information about him/her to prevent access in the future.
- Information that you have shared with others (e.g. blog comments) may continue to be visible through our Website, even after your data is removed. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed.
- Our Website use backup systems to prevent unexpected data loss. Residual copies of your personal information may remain on such systems for a limited period of time.
- We may anonymize your personal data for legal, record, or business purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Please note that removal or modification of any information from our Website does not constitute its removal from the internet, as other websites and search engines may have copied the content. We are not responsible for information held by these third party websites and search engines and you need to contact these third party websites and search engines for the removal of your data from their services.
9. Third-Party Links
Our Website may include links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party plugins, third-party applications, or co-branded services. An example is embedded videos from YouTube. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites or services and they have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of other websites you visit.